Thursday, November 11, 2010

On the Road Again.....

Have you ever watched the  people in an airport? Everyone in their own little world! Some like me, with computer on lap, some with their smart phones in hand (and can't put in down) not looking where they're going, the ones that are really in a hurry...like everyone else doesn't have a flight to catch! Everyone has an itinerary for their mission.....family, business, pleasure...with their baggage in hand..if it's bags or kids..their sites are set! 
Even the airport staff can't get away from the ipod or cell phones! Getting paid to be on the ipod, cell phone, FB??? Hmmmm......As you see I'm people watching..
From the teen groups...making remarks about their surroundings to the husband and wife who's not sure if they're in the right concourse. The next two hours will be amusing!
Watching the faces show pleasure knowing new grandparents  are on there way to see their new grandtwins, the solider that is getting shipped out for the first time leaving his new bride in a strange place, the woman going to stay with a sick friend, whatever it may be....faces here show it all! Pleasure, happiness, sorrow, stress, love, or loneliness. We are  a dead giveaway to the emotions when we don't think others are watching....writing on the wall!
Hopefully, my face is showing pleasure, happiness and excitement..lol! As, I'm headed to my familiar place, the drag strip in Pomona, CA, The NHRA World Finals! The smell of tires burning and the nitro during a warm-up...why I like those smells, I really don't know! The tires on a burn-out gets black stuff (traction compound, VHT) all over your clothes and your face, when you try to wash it off your face it smears from one side to the other... and the nitro burns your eyes and you CRY( and you can't help it), you can't breathe....COUGH, COUGH!
I guess, if it really matters I am sitting in Denver waiting, waiting, WAITING for my connection to LAX...which I'm to arrive at 12:30 pm. Then off to gather my ticket & PP  at the Wally Parks Museum, then hopefully catch the session this afternoon.
Of course there are places to hang out when you are around the track, the Sheraton Fairplex, the Mexican restaurant on Foothill, the sushi bar, the sports bar outside the back gate of the track...Cask & Clevers to name a few!
And by the way, when in LA, is the ONLY place I LOVE to drive CRAZY, cause everyone does! lol...
Back here soon with updates...and MORE!
B

No comments:

Post a Comment